There's nothing like the doorbell ringing late at night when your teenagers are out on the prowl. Tonight Jake (aka the Golden One)had tons of friends over. The house that was rocking and rolling became all at once silent and Nathan and I said- "I wonder where the kids went?" Then the door bell rang and we almost instinctively knew there was trouble. (Seasoned parenting!) As it turned out, it wasn't the police but a concerned neighbor who said that the police were talking to Jake and his friends. With a long sigh, Nathan got up and got dressed and headed out. (I told him to grab a stack of business cards!) To make a long story short, Jacob's group was outside and had seen some skater kids put a construction cone in the street, which a car hit, and then alerted the cops, who then wanted to talk to Jake and his friends. It's all fine now but the thought of navigating through the next 3 years has given me a bit of ANXIETY! Pass the valium please!!!



1 comment:
this lol funny- I love the business card comment, classic. Please Jacob, live up to your name just a little longer please!
Post a Comment