I feel sorry for woodpeckers.
(Plus I kind of identify with them.)
(Plus I kind of identify with them.)
Random, I know. But we have one in our yard every spring so I wake up to the sound of some poor bird beating his head against a hard pole. I can imagine what the poor woodpecker is thinking. "Why me?" as he looks around at all the other birds in the yard pulling up fat juicy worms out of the lush green grass. "Why me?" I bet they have chronic headaches. Then theres the singing... Other birds have a beautiful chirp. Not the woodpecker. He is an annoying little bugger. Most other birds build their nests with strings, feathers and other lucious soft material. Not woody! And finally, no one loves the woodpecker. One of our neighbors has even tried to "eliminate" ours!





2 comments:
i love the woodpeckers! remember when they had a whole nest of babies nestled in our cherry tree? and they would poke their darling little heads out each time mamma bird came home with lunch! every summer i wish another family of woodpeckers would move in...it was just such an amazing part of nature to watch!!! those neighbors better be careful...if they scare away my woodpeckers they are going to have some serious bad charma coming their way!
poor guy, hang in there little buddy- youll catch a break
Post a Comment