Monday, May 24, 2010

Good advice

My amazing nephew, Zach, left on his mission almost a week ago.  The night before he left, some close friends and family members met to say goodbye.  His mom and dad expressed their love and appreciation to him and then one of his church leaders gave him this sound advice.
  "Wherever you are, be there" 
 Being in the moments of our lives is sometimes difficult.  We long for yesterdays, wish for tomorrows and in the process we miss our todays.  I am the worst offender.  Especially right now.  I want to just "get through" this part of my life and move onto something better.  But who knows? Maybe this is better than that will be!  My goal; embrace each moment and treasure the now.  I'm going to start this weekend! 

1 comment:

The McBrides said...

that is a great reminder, and I just know there are better days for you ahead!