Friday, April 9, 2010

You know what stresses me out?

Commercials for the i Pad. I'd like to believe that I'm somewhat keeping up with technology, but the iPad commercials are blatent reminders that I am quickly losing my grip on the tools of the times.  And that stresses me out.  Like I literally start getting little anxiety symptoms and start fearing that I will be left behind to communicate with only my grandmother who calls cell phones "celery phones".  How will I keep in touch with my children and grandchildren when everyone has moved on and is embracing the latest and greatest and I am still struggling with texting. (I can text- I'm just super slow at it). I almost can't stand it.  It's too much, too fast. Sometimes I want to yell at the world
 "Slow down, you're movin' to fast!  

3 comments:

The McBrides said...

hey, your blogging so you can't be TOO far behind! You text, email, blog- you are totally up with the times, and don't worry, i would never leave you behind! Besides, your blender is kick ass. Does grandma verge really call cell phones celery phones? really?? She needs to go.

Abbie Drage said...

lucky for you, you have a daughter who is so completely illiterate when it comes to all things technology, she is most convinced she should have been born during the stone age! i had to take a college computer course to figure out how to blog for crying out loud! and i still don't know how to use the slide out keyboard thingy on my phone!

Carolyn said...

My techno-geek husband has gone and taken a "girlfriend", I call her iNa (which rhymes with
"---iNa"). Now the reason I gave his new love this name is because I have been feeling ignored and alone. I told him that if he doesn't start paying more attention to me, that she will be his only iNa!