I am very blessed to have the best parents
in the whole wide world.
Married at 19 and parents by 20, my parents were on their own with very little support right from the start. Niether of them had much of a role model to follow. In fact both came from rather disfuntional homes. And yet, they have been the most amazing parents to their six children. I, being the oldest had the benifit of their youth. They were young, active parents that had full lives. They were loving, kind, loyal, brave, hard working, spontanious, supportive, faithful, active, fun parents that embrassed family life in full. They taught us to be the best that we could be. To strive for excellence and to serve others every chance we could. I am thankful that I have had the benifit of their example for the past 49 years and hope that there are many, many more years to come!
I love you mom & dad!



3 comments:
i too am grateful for them, and they are equally as lucky to have such an amazing daughter who has been a great example and source of strength to the entire Ragland clan. They raised a wonderful daughter, sister, wife,mother, grandmother, and friend!
What a great tribute to your parents...I agree, they are truly amazing people! It is inspiriational to watch them stay so involoved in their children's, grandchildren's, and great-grandchilren's lives! I want to grow up to be just like them!
I love grandma and grandpa! especially grandpa's accidental pocket calls to me every day and grandma's wonderful pick-me-up text messages!
Post a Comment