Saturday, September 4, 2010

Milestones

Every once in awhile, I realize how many milestones I have passed. I don't have to worry about the kids immunizations any more, everybody sleeps through the night, Everyone is potty trained, they feed themselves, cut up their own meat, put on their own shoes and dress themselves (although lately Jacob seems to go out of his way to wear mix matched clothes. It's driving me crazy)!

But when school started this fall, I realized just how grown up my family really was.
Elementary School, Check

Jr. High, Done

High School, Just one left!
In the next year, we will have three that have graduated from College, and four grandkids!
I cherish the time that I spent raising my family.  Truly it is the most rewarding work I have ever done.  But I have to be honest. Being beyond teething and chicken pox has it's advantages!

2 comments:

The McBrides said...

you still kind of get to go through all of those phases again but as a Nana! We will be sure to buy a house next door to you when we get into the homework phase :)

Tracie ... and tribe said...

Wrong!