Thursday, June 3, 2010

Like Mother, like daughter... hopefully!

My mom is awesome.  She is so in tune with her family and never misses a chance to gather the troops together to celebrate a special occasion (and believe me, we use the term "special" very loosely!). Last week she gathered us all together to say good- bye to Curtis.  She made a delicious dinner that was to die for. She is so talented- an accomplished quilter, cook, and party organizer are among her most notable accomplishments.  But it is her gift of connecting with her family that I admire most. Recognizing and appreciating each of us for who we are and what we are trying to become.
  I want to be like her when I grow up!
Plus- look how cute she is.  And I love how Will says her name: "Ninnie"

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I just love your mom! She is so talented and is always ready and willing to serve her family...If I could choose a new mom, I would choose Linney! Oh, did I say that outloud?

Carolyn said...

And while I'm on the subject of new moms...a GOOD BYE DINNER for Curtis? I don't even get a BIRTHDAY DINNER from my mom! I'm calling the adoption agency first thing in the morning!! I need a new mommy. I think that Linney always secretly wanted another daughter(?)